We’ve mentioned before how the popularity of live video will continue to increase in 2018. Now that Facebook’s algorithm update has been put into motion, live video will be an even more important tool for advertisers if they want to continue reaching current and potential customers. Videos will still be an effective way to communicate under the new algorithm that prioritizes content from friends and family, but live video will get even more engagement. According to Mark Zuckerberg, live videos get 6 times more engagement when compared to a traditional video.
With so many changes under way, now is the time to jump on the types of content that are proving to be the most effective if you want to successfully promote your business on Facebook. If you’ve never dabbled in live video before, don’t stress. We’ve provided a link round-up below to help you get started, so you’ll be reaching your target audience in no time.
1) We’ll start you off right at the source with tips from Facebook itself. The first step? Let people know ahead of time when you’re going to be broadcasting your video, so they’ll know when to tune in. Get creative with your posts to build up the anticipation.
2) This Search Engine Journal article begins with a brief history of Facebook Live, so you can get a little bit of background before diving into the best practices. A few pro tips from the article include having a strong internet connection before you go live, and making sure you have a clear purpose that ties into your overall marketing strategy.
3) If you’ve never posted a live video before and you’re feeling intimidated, HubSpot’s ultimate guide is a great resource that provides detailed, step-by-step instructions on everything from setting up and starting your video to ending it.
4) Wordstream’s “ridiculously awesome” guide is a fun, but informative read that covers everything from how to set up your video, why and how you can use it to benefit your business, and handy tips for the best video quality. The section “Why (and how) you Should Use Facebook Live” provides some great inspiration if you’re trying to figure out what your video should be about.
5) Need some convincing on why you should use live video? Sprout Social’s “7 Legitimate Benefits” should give you the extra push you need to take the leap. These include providing unique content and helping you connect directly with your audience. Both of these elements hold even more value now that Facebook has changed up its algorithm.
Looking for more ways to improve your social media marketing strategy? Feel free to contact us! In an industry that’s constantly changing, we stay ahead of the curve, using cutting edge technology and innovative thinking to help you create a meaningful brand experience for your customers.