The “Hyve” in our name is the Finnish word for virtue. We believe in acting virtuously with all the work that we do. Living up to this standard wouldn’t be possible without a crew of employees who believe in doing the right thing—every single time. Doing the right thing for our clients is at the cornerstone of everything that we do.
There’s a reason why our crew and our clients are important values of Digital Hyve: without our diverse crew of marketers, and the clients who are constantly inspiring us to be better every day, there would be no Digital Hyve. Our crew is important, and each member brings a different set of skills to the table while contributing to our company’s culture. We wouldn’t be able to develop measurable and meaningful results for our clients—or have the culture we do—without our employees.
Our Employee Spotlight Series will give you a glimpse of the people responsible for the meaningful work we do!
Introducing Jessa Toth, our SEO Specialist!
1. What initially drew you to marketing? What brought you to Digital Hyve?
I always knew I wanted to do something in business and I’ve always been a creative person so marketing felt like the obvious fit. I actually knew our Co-founder Jeff through a mutual friend for about a year. I loved the idea of joining a smaller company and I loved how close knit this team was.
2. Which of our values do you identify with the most and why? (DH Crew, Clients, Integrity, Passion, Better Every Day)
Passion. I live by the quote “Do It with Passion or Not at All.”
3. What does your day to day look like at Digital Hyve?
SEO is so unpredictable and that’s what I love about it. My days are never the same. I do a lot of technical stuff, making sure the websites are following Google’s expectations and I also get to be a little creative and work with our Content Marketer Kylie on content creation.
4. What type of marketing excites you? Why?
Influencer Marketing. As a blogger, I find it fascinating how more people are turning to YouTube and bloggers to assist in their purchasing decisions.
5. The three best words to describe you?
Outgoing, empathetic, and driven.
6. You’re always rocking an awesome outfit or fashion forward trend. What inspired your love for fashion?
As a child I always wanted to be a fashion designer, but realized I couldn’t sew. I was the girl who didn’t own a pair of jeans until I was 8. My clothes made me unique because I moved a lot. It’s my favorite way to express myself.
7. On the subject of fashion…your blog Doll Face Diaries is such a fun (and informative) read! What made you decide to become a fashion blogger? Any advice for those looking to break into the blogging world?
Thank you! My junior year of college I started by sharing my outfits on Instagram. Then I decided it would be fun to turn it into a blog and talk about vintage styles I was loving at the time, and that’s how Dollface Diaries was born. As cliché as this sounds, my advice would be: Don’t give up. Always write about what you’re passionate about and success will come.
8. Have you read or watched anything good lately that you’d recommend to a friend or coworker?
Lady Bird was a phenomenal film that came out last month. And a book I keep coming back to is #GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso. It’s a great book about following your passions even when the road to success is a little bumpy.
9. What’s one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
I’m a huge hockey fan.
10. What would you list as the top 3 highlights of your life so far?
Starting my blog, visiting Germany last Christmas, and moving to Syracuse.
Looking for more behind the scenes snippets? Keep checking our blog for more Employee Spotlight posts! Have a marketing idea you’d like to discuss? Feel free to contact us! We’re all about creating meaningful and measurable results so you can give your customers the best brand experience.