Are you a go-getter? Love the rush of making a connection or signing a deal? Well listen to this. We are hiring a Business Development Manager to join our rockstar team!
Digital Hyve was named the 5th fastest growing marketing & advertising company and 52nd fastest growing private company in the U.S. by Inc 5000. Our goal is to find a dedicated, passionate team member to drive our continued growth. You think you got the chops?
Word-of-mouth and referrals have been, and remain, our strongest business development tools to-date, but our next stage of growth requires us to get ahead of the curve; to be proactive and deliberate to connect with new clients. The Business Development Manager plays an important role in generating awareness and uncovering new opportunities for growth by seeking out, developing, negotiating, and closing digital marketing partnerships across several clearly defined industries in which we have a proven track record of success. The BDM is a strategic partner to C-level and senior executives and focuses on establishing new business relationships with non-client organizations within an assigned prospecting territory.
This is purely a “hunting” role; the BDM is not given an account list and will not manage a team. The BDM reports to the Senior Director of Business Development.
Day-to-day responsibilities for the ideal candidate:
- Wants to focus 100% of their time on new business development.
- Is entrepreneurial and thrives on opening doors and making new connections.
- Has an extensive roster of decision maker contacts at companies across Upstate New York and will leverage these relationships to secure introductory meetings.
- Exudes confidence, takes failure in stride, keeps their cool, and thinks on their feet.
- Is a self-starter and needs little direction; you don’t wait for it to happen: you make it happen!
- Is thrilled to work with our digital strategy team to craft proposals and a dedicated account manager who owns the deal after it closes.
- Is coachable to build upon previous success, using Digital Hyve’s best practices.
- Quickly learns the Digital Hyve story and becomes a brand ambassador.
The qualifications we look for in our talent are:
- 3-5 years of successful experience in new business development
- Proven track record of sourcing significant leads, networking, and closing business
- Strong desire to succeed and exceed goals
- Competitive and self-motivated
- A solid understanding of advertising, marketing, and social media; digital marketing knowledge is a plus
- Positive attitude, socially adept, ability to build rapport
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to hear and understand the needs of internal and external stakeholders and then articulate concepts and solutions in a clear and meaningful way
- Work well under pressure and deadlines
- Skilled at prioritizing and triaging as time conflicts arise
- Excellent time management
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Highly organized
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Digital Hyve offers a comprehensive benefits package including: working in an exciting start-up culture with big opportunities for growth, excellent insurance package, retirement savings plan, work from home days, and generous holiday and paid time off.
Digital Hyve is an Equal Opportunity Employer.